I will be THE GOD of all the families of
Israel,
and they will be MY people.
Thus says THE LORD:
The people who survived the sword
found favor in the wilderness.
When the people of Israel sought for rest,
THE LORD appeared to them from afar,
saying,
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
therefore, I have continued to be merciful to
you.
I will build you up again,
and you will be rebuilt,
O virgin Israel.
You will once again carry your tambourines
and go forth to dance with the merry throng.
You will once again plant vineyards
on the mountains of Samaria,
and those who plant them will enjoy their
fruit.
Yes, a day will come when the watchmen
will cry out on the hills of Ephraim,
'Come, let us go up to Zion,
to THE LORD, our GOD.'"
JEREMIAH: CHAPTER 31, VERSES 1 - 6
No comments:
Post a Comment