Concentrate your thoughts on the road,
the route along which you traveled.
Return, O virgin Israel;
come back to these towns of yours.
How long will you wander aimlessly,
O rebellious daughter?
For THE LORD has created something new
on the earth:
a woman must strengthen a man.
Thus says THE LORD OF HOSTS, THE GOD OF ISRAEL: In the land of Judah and in its towns, they will once again use these words when I restore their fortunes,
"May THE LORD bless you,
O holy mountain,
abode of righteousness."
And in the land of Judah and all its towns, the farmers and those who care for the flocks will dwell together. For I will provide the weary with all they need, and I will restore the strength of all those who have grown faint with hunger.
At this moment I awakened and looked around, and I realized that my sleep had been pleasant.
The days are coming, says THE LORD, when I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of men and the seed of animals. And as I once watched over them to uproot and pull down, to demolish, destroy, and inflict disaster, so now I will watch over them to build and to plant, says THE LORD. In those days they will no longer say,
"The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
and the children's teeth are set on edge."
For each one will die for his own sins. The teeth of everyone who eats sour grapes will be set on edge.
JEREMIAH: CHAPTER 31, VERSES 21 - 30
No comments:
Post a Comment